“Ow! Who Bit Me?!”

Image result for van helsing images

It's all fun and games until someone bites you on the neck. Blood just starts getting sucked out of your body, and then you realize you've officially become a part of a vampire's meal plan.

 I've seen a lot of vampire shows and movies in my life. All of them are pretty much the same. You know, there's the protagonist who ends up getting involved with a vampire or two, and they may or may not become one themselves -that is, if they aren't one already. Oh! And there's a 95% chance that there'll be some romance thrown into the bloodbath of chaos.

Some movies about vamps that I love are Underworld (the entire series), Queen of the Damned, and A Vampire in Brooklyn. I've seen some good shows, too, but only a few. This includes the Disney show My Babysitter's a Vampire.

A while ago, when I was browsing the wonderful miracle known as Netflix, I stumbled upon a show called Van Helsing. Immediately upon seeing this, I remembered seeing an anime with the exact same name! Now, I didn't actually watch the anime, but I knew it was about vampires once I read the description -not to mention the fact that there was a creepy dude with sharp teeth right next to the title page, or whatever it's called. Anyway, since I was curious what the show was about -and mostly just fascinated that it was about the same thing as an anime I could have watched- I decided to watch it.

In the end, I was not disappointed. That show is crazy! Basically, the story is about a woman who is in a coma for three years and awakens to a world gone to hell and overrun by vampires. But all she cares about is finding her daughter who she lost just before the apocalypse.

While watching this show I noticed how the writers portrayed how selfish and evil people can really be, despite believing otherwise. Thematic ideas about trusting the right people, developing friendships, and understanding yourself and your family are also great aspects that makes this story all the more interesting.

I don't want to spoil too much of the show, but if you wanna know more about how Vanessa Helsing finds out the truth behind her and Scarlet's ability to cure vampires, you should go watch it. Unfortunately, there's only two seasons of the show on Netflix, so I'd advise you to chill on the binging. Oh, who am I kidding? Of course you're gonna binge it, 'cause it's awesome!

Well, I'm pretty sure this is my favorite vampire show, other than Vampire Diaries of course. But you can watch that one on Netflix, too. Haaaaa...I can't wait until season three is added so I can binge that one, too.

P.S. Don't trust Sam! (You'll know what I mean if you watch the show;) )

Comments

Popular Posts